business and operations | Palo Alto, CA
PARC is looking for a Purchasing Manager who is an experienced and confident professional with high energy, excellent communication and program management skills, leadership abilities and drive to succeed and achieve goals.
- Manage the operations of the Purchasing Team consistent with the goals and objectives of PARC
- Manage the integration of government requirements into the Purchasing process
- Serve as the Purchasing subject-matter-expert offering advice, counsel, and risk mitigation strategies to PARC and the Purchasing Team and to employees
- Coordinate sourcing, cost reduction, continuous improvement, and best practices activities
- Supervise the Purchasing Team, manage daily activities and ensure timely placement of orders and delivery of required materials
- Manage effective personnel training, development and performance management for each member of the Purchasing Team
- Design and communicate PARC Purchasing policy and procedure, ensuring compliance to stated goals and objectives
- Manage and negotiate short and long term agreements in support of PARC’s requirements
- Maintain adequate knowledge of Export Control requirements and assist with designing and enforcing relevant policies to achieve Export Control objectives
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring of services and goods:
- service agreements
- consulting agreements
- high-end complex machinery (specialized and custom equipment)
- Prepare routine contract documents in accordance with corporate policies and government requirements around terms and conditions
- Evaluate unique contract requirements to ensure compliance with legal requirements, government requirements, and corporate policies
- Develop RFPs and RFQs, particularly related to service agreements and licensing agreements:
- work with requesters to prepare bid packages and evaluate supplier quotes
- coordinate activities through supplier selection
- Negotiate discounts, volume purchasing discounts
- BS degree/Master’s Degree
- 15 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement
- 10 years of government Purchasing/Procurement experience
- Strong working knowledge of commercial and government procurement principles and practices
- Excellent leadership, project management, organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate team work and effect customer satisfaction
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox should contact PARC Human Resources.