hardware research and engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
The PARC Hardware Systems Laboratory (HSL) has an immediate opening for a Project Manager for an in-house prototype production line.
- The PARC Hardware Systems Laboratory (HSL) has an immediate opening for a Project Manager for an in-house prototype production line. Applicant must have an interest in working in an unstructured research environment to develop and improve a current workflow. The applicant's roles and responsibilities will be to provide response and support for a team of twelves or more people, and manage their day to day tasks associated with small scale manufacturing of prototypes. Additionally, a willingness to take on programmatic tasks to advance the project is required.
- Technical experience with hardware research and development
- Capable of working in a rapidly changing, unstructured environment
- Experience in implementing a project management system
- Must provide documentation of status as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or U.S. protected person under U.S.C. 1324b(a) (3).
- Previous experience working with government funded projects
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and adjust project goals/tasks according to process developments
- Excellent communication skills to work with a wide variety of people including facility operations, researchers, and business development personnel.
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.