hardware research and engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Cleanroom Process Engineer
About the Job
PARC is seeking a Process Engineer for a short-term contract of 3-6 months, with the opportunity to convert to a full time position. Process Engineers at PARC are responsible for device design, creative process development and sustaining of custom, cutting edge, micro and nano-fabrication technologies for thin film and large area devices. The technologies include MEMS, 2D array backplanes, custom sensors, and non-conventional transistors including thin film transistors and electrochemical transistors that support PARC’s government and commercial research activities. PARC’s fast paced research environment requires process development engineers to work simultaneously on multiple projects and teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with scientists and other process engineers to define process and device performance targets.
- Define and execute process flows, develop new processes and drive continuous process improvement (CPI) efforts. Suggest process alternatives and evaluate different options that may provide improved properties.
- Define and implement robust process documentation and control; diagnose and resolve process problems
- Maintain process equipment tools in good working order, diagnose problems and when necessary coordinate repairs
- B.S. or greater in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of hands on semiconductor or thin film processing
- Experience with lithography, deposition (PVD (sputtering, e-beam), CVD, ALD), dry etching and wet chemical processing
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills for successful inter and intra-group interactions.
- Strong knowledge of device physics; a-Si, LTPS and oxide transistors preferred
- Experience in design rules, optimization and layout of thin film transistors and related circuits
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This is a light manufacturing position that requires extended periods of standing and walking in a clean-room environment. Evening or night hours may be required depending on project needs.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.