Printing / Process Development
internships | Palo Alto, CA | Internship
Senior undergraduate in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
About the Job
The Hardware Systems Laboratory is seeking an exceptional intern to help accelerate the development of a novel co-extrusion manufacturing technology. Utilizing different metrology tools and process methods, the intern will help characterize the printability and performance of structures fabricated with new PARC technology.
Interns participating on this project will gain experience in a diverse range of fields. The successful candidate will have exceptional “hands-on” experimental skills in addition to a strong analytical background. Analyzing experimental results, looking for trends to create process recommendations, and optimizing printed structures will be the focus of the project. Additional design and modeling work may also be involved depending on the intern’s interests and skills.
- Senior-level undergraduate, MS, or PhD candidate
- Background in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, and/or chemistry (Exceptional students in other related fields are still encouraged to apply)
- Prior coursework and hands-on laboratory experience in printing processes, chemistry, electrochemistry and/or fluid mechanics
- Ability to work independently
- Basic competency with Solidworks, MS Excel, and Matlab
- Experience with fluid characterization and rheology
- Ability to work for 5 months or longer
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship