Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Cyber-Physical Systems Security
software research and engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher skilled in the application of optimization theory to problems in IoT security.
About the Job
he Cyber-Physical Systems Security (CPSS) group at PARC has an opening for a postdoctoral research scientist. The candidate should have a desire to work on problems with real-world impact and have strong implementation skills to create early-stage prototypes. Strong publication record in at least one of the following areas is required: cyber-physical system security, distributed systems, system configuration management/troubleshooting, and/or optimization theory. Prior experience with SAT and SMT solvers is a plus. The candidate should be able to efficiently formulate linear and non-linear optimization problems and reduce complex requirements to mathematical constraints.
You will be part of a fantastic research institute that has been in the business of innovation for decades. Join us and let’s innovate together!
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance trustworthiness of cyber-physical systems
- Develop new advanced technologies to improve security and resilience of critical cyber-physical systems
- Mentor interns and collaborate with PARC researchers as well as external R&D groups to advance our research goals
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; and at least one year of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Engineer Intern, or Research Intern
- Experience with distributed systems research, particularly distributed systems security and/or configuration management and troubleshooting
- Strong publication record in at least one of the following areas: cyber-physical system security, distributed systems, system configuration management/troubleshooting, and/or optimization theory
- Strong system development skills
- Strong mathematical skills; familiarity with optimization theory
- Familiarity with graph theory and graph analytics
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US
- Prior experience with SAT and SMT solvers (e.g. Z3)
- Experience with distributed system vulnerability analysis
- Experience with deployment and troubleshooting of distributed systems
- Experience with development of containerized code (e.g. docker) and “big data” technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Kafka, NiFi, and graph databases such as Neo4j)
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.