Hardware Research and Engineering | Palo Alto, CA
Mechanical Engineer to design and construct complex laboratory systems and carry out experimental campaigns.
PARC is seeking a talented and driven mechanical engineer with electrical experience and the ability to take end-to-end responsibility for project execution, and to operate independently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Integration of complex systems across a wide range of applications, including but not limited to energy systems, acoustical systems, and fluidic and thermal systems
- Working with interdisciplinary teams; applying mechanical systems and electronics expertise to invent, design, assemble, troubleshoot, and test complex systems.
The successful applicant will be proficient in mechanical design and analysis, prototyping, manufacturing processes, electro-mechanical systems, 3DCAD, and system fabrication.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field and 2+ years of relevant industry experience (-or-)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field with 5+ years of technical experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design, mechanics and material science concepts, fluid dynamics, stress analysis, and system integration.
- Understanding of electrical circuits, with an ability to design and integrate complex electrical control systems into mechanical designs.
- Ability to clearly communicate mechanical designs for the purposes of fabrication.
- Knowledge of GDT fundamental and drafting standards.
- Prior experience in planning and executing experimental verification of designs.
- Experience with high-power electrical systems.
- Excellent communications skills, with an ability to clearly communicate technical results
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.