Market Strategy and Product Management
internships | Palo Alto, CA
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
The intern will research commercialization opportunities and work on product offerings for PARC’s exciting technology and innovation programs that include mobile internet, computer systems, and networking.
- Developing technology commercialization strategies.
- Researching hi-tech and mobile industry landscape.
- Defining product value propositions and preparing product offerings from deep understanding of user needs, marketplace, and competitive landscape.
- Market segmentation and analysis.
- Evaluation of returns and developing financial models.
- The ideal candidate will be working on or have recently completed his/her MBA or another equivalent degree, or have demonstrable business experience with strong technology background,
- have strong interest/experience in hi-tech, networking, and mobile internet industry,
- have the ability to analyze and synthesize market/user data to come up with product recommendations for our technologies and services, and
- have strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience as a product manager, product/technical marketing manager, management consultant, or hi-tech business analyst.
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related major.
- International work experience.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship