Innovation Healthcare Program Manager
business and operations | Palo Alto, CA
M.S./MBA or equivalent operational experience in a healthcare payer, provider, or vendor organization
PARC, a Xerox Company, is seeking a Healthcare Program Manager to manage research and commercialization activities conducted within the Xerox Innovation Group (XIG) for the Xerox healthcare businesses. The business groups provide business process and IT outsourcing services, analytics products and services, as well as advisory services in the Payer, Provider, Government, Insurance, and HR Benefits segments. This position will be based in Palo Alto, CA, with matrix reporting to the XIG Services Research leadership. Moderate to heavy travel is expected in order to work closely with business groups and their customers, and with the distributed worldwide research centers of XIG.
- Develop and execute a high-impact program innovation strategy and roadmap that are aligned with the long-term business strategies and product and/or service roadmaps of the Xerox healthcare businesses.
- Manage a balanced portfolio of research projects in the program that span sustaining, disruptive, and transformational innovation to deliver technology and IP assets and new business options to the healthcare businesses.
- Advise and influence the business groups as they develop their strategies by bringing a strategic innovation perspective grounded in market/trends analysis and an understanding of new technologies, business models, and regulations impacting the healthcare industry.
- Support business groups in customer-facing innovation activities to identify new innovation opportunities and help Xerox differentiate from its competitors.
- Ensure the timely and orderly development, market testing, and transfer of XIG technologies to the business groups by working closely with project leads.
- Monitor each project in the program and solve problems as they arise, and aggregate data for reporting and analysis purposes within XIG
- 10+ years of operating experience in a healthcare payer, provider, or vendor organization, ideally in customer-facing business role.
- Deep understanding of healthcare technologies, business models, and regulations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and influence skills.
- M.S./MBA or equivalent operational experience
- Healthcare product management experience, including writing MRDs and PRDs.
- Understanding of agile development and lean innovation methodologies.
- Working effectively in a globally distributed matrix organization.
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox should contact PARC Human Resources.