design and user experience | Palo Alto, CA
MBA or equivalent with significant experience in consulting and management of technology-oriented projects
About the Job
This role has been created in the newly established Innovation Services Group (ISG) to support PARC’s innovation services for commercial clients.
- Design and conduct innovation services projects for commercial customers
- Ensure client commitments are addressed and deliverables are of top quality
- Establish and build relationships with client project sponsors
- Conduct regular project reviews
- Provide business expertise and direction to projects
- Provide strategic input and direction for PARC Innovation Services packages
- Work with business development and researchers with interdisciplinary background to design and develop marketable innovation services
- Lead innovation activities with clients and advise on strategic business development
- Manage customer expectations and changes to scope or project direction
- Work with business development to support the closing of new deals and follow-on projects
- Work with marketing to generate sales and marketing materials for innovation services
- Help recruit to staff projects, as needed
- Minimum of 10 years consulting experience working with Fortune 500 clients
- Significant experience in managing the delivery of technology-oriented innovation projects for corporate customers
- Significant experience in managing change management projects
- Strong skills in leading projects and facilitating workshops
- Ability to present work effectively and persuasively to all levels of client including “C” level executives
- Strong understanding of strategic planning, market research, marketing and communication, innovative technology-centered product and service development, and established and emerging business/market assessment
- Action orientation and a decisive, quick study with proven ability to accurately analyze information, identify key trends, and synthesize quickly into innovation initiatives that lead to results
- Ability to analyze complex and interrelated business and consumer models across a range of industries
- Very strong negotiating, selling, and organizational skills and excellent at follow-up and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel, including internationally
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Implementing formal innovation frameworks, including supporting systems and metrics
- Using a wide range of user experience research methods in business settings
- Familiarity with qualitative research techniques such as ethnography, interaction analysis, and behavioral analysis
- Ph.D. or equivalent research experience a plus
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (seehttp://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
About the Group
Innovation Services Group (ISG) leverages PARC’s world-leading innovation capabilities, processes and culture to work with clients on innovation projects, and to teach them the best ways to innovate. This is a unique opportunity to help build an innovation services practice at PARC.
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.