internships | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
ICM/BD intern to provide research and anaylsis to support Xerox efforts
PARC ICM/BD Intern:
About the Job
PARC ICM/BD Intern will provide market and IP-related research and analysis to support strategic decisions.
- Market research and analysis to support a variety strategic decision for ICM, BD, and the Labs
- Valuation analysis to support ROI analysis and licensing pricing decisions
- Strategic IP analysis including:
- Portfolio characterization
- Competitive analysis, e.g. FTO, “Whitespace" analysis
- Analysis to support commercialization option development
- Analysis to support IP Roadmap development and execution
- Portfolio mining to support current commercialization efforts and the development of new commercialization programs
- Enrollment in MBA or equivalent program (JD-related programs acceptable)
- IP management emphasis highly desired
- Engineering, math, economics or hard science-based undergraduate highly desired
- Practical experience preferred but not required
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.