Hardware Systems Engineering Lead
IoT New Venture | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Hardware Systems Engineering Lead
We are seeking a Lead Hardware Systems Engineer - someone with a mix of education and experience in electrical, software and mechanical engineering disciplines and a desire to build new products. In this role, you will work closely with our researchers and an inter-disciplinary team of engineers to drive innovations from the lab to the real world through ideation, design, prototyping, and planning for and supervising manufacture.
- Supervise the development of hardware devices from conception through execution
- Lead system-level and subsystem-level architecture and electronic design including circuit modeling, design, debug, bring-up, and validation
- Work with mechanical designers to develop and integrate electronics into chassis package
- Review and test embedded firmware code
- Prepare system for hand-off to manufacturing including DFM and DFT
- Interface with manufacturer to produce products
B. S. with 5+ years of industry experience, an MS with 3+ years of industry experience, or a Ph.D.
Applicants must possess at least a majority of the following qualifications:
- Experience with system level design including circuit design, system integration and debug
- Experience with integrating both off the shelf and custom sensors into electronics systems
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout, assembly, bring-up and testing
- Familiarity with high level programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Familiarity with embedded code (C++) and RTOS implementation
- Experience with standard version control practices
- Experience developing or utilizing waterproof enclosures
- Experience with manufacturing processes including DFM and DFT for consumer products
- Experience working with contract manufactures
- Experience leading or supervising a technical team
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities. PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.