internships | Palo Alto, CA | Internship
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
The Hardware Systems Laboratory at the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) is seeking an exceptional summer intern to accelerate novel technology development in the areas of fluid dynamics and heat transfer. The role will involve designing and constructing test fixtures, executing experimental studies, and performing insightful analysis on a number of concepts utilizing fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
- Junior or Senior in mechanical or chemical engineering
- Exceptional experience with “hands-on” experimental research and prototyping work, coupled with strong theoretical and analytical skills
- Experience with flow visualization, including particle image or laser doppler velocimetry and hot wire anemometry.
- Experience with optical train design a plus
- Experience with experimental heat transfer methods
- Experience with microfluidics fabrication and characterization techniques and microscopy
- Experience with a wide array of prototyping and machining techniques.
- Basic competency with Solidworks
- Experience with electronics and control, LabView or alternative data acquisition tools
- Experience with CFD or FEA analysis software
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship