software research and engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
PARC has an opening for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Vice President of the Systems Research Laboratory.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience supporting an executive with complex calendaring and travel requirements. Works closely with the executive to keep him informed and prepared while effectively performing and prioritizing multiple tasks seamlessly with strong attention to detail.
- Managing active calendar for Vice President and keeps him informed of upcoming events and meetings requirements
- Coordinating meeting agendas and following up on certain action items on behalf of the executive
- Preparation and coordination of meetings and events
- Arranging complex travel itinerary and agendas
- Handling expense reports and certain approval workflows for Vice President
- Attending meetings to capture meeting minutes and action items
- Assisting hiring managers with candidate interviewing process and onboarding of new hires
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive and private data
- Acting as go-to person for PARC policy and process questions
- Facilitating communication with various internal and external teams
- College degree
- 3+ years of experience as Executive Administrative Assistant
- Possess strong business judgement and communication skills to interact with a variety of internal and external customers
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solutions oriented with pro-active approach to problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, resourceful, efficient and able to work independently
- Adaptable to competing demands, highly responsive
- Curious and likes to keep learning -- you will be working with 150+ scientists
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills)
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce the risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.