Chief Software Architect (Industrial IoT Platform)
IoT Tower | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Job
PARC, a Xerox Compnay, is incubating a new software venture in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space. We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to design a software architecture that meets business needs and to develop a software development operations (DevOps) framework for the venture. The Chief Software Architect will see the “big picture" and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
The Chief Software Architect is expected to have a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. The goal is to develop a software framework to support the key goals of modularity, expandability, and integration with 3rd party enterprise software platforms such as IoT, ERP, and SCADA systems. Specifically, in this position, the Chief Software Architect is responsible for designing and building a software architecture geared for a service offering in an industrial environment that encompasses the end-to-end process from data collection to analytics results presented back to customer. This architecture will include integration of data acquisition elements, communication with and execution of code on edge devices, integration with customer OT and a cloud IoT umbrella. Core of the solution are algorithms that reason over and predict the “health" of industrial assets with high accuracy. The Chief Software Architect will develop requirements towards developing a library for modular models and algorithms that will be deployed in a large number of different customer settings. To that end it is crucial to establish coding guidelines and styles so that the solutions can be scaled across these different customer applications. He/she will bring platform vision, thought leadership, and ability to influence and guide a team of developers.
- Coordinate with the product management team and lead functional software projects requirement development.
- Design and evaluate suitable third-party tools and ensure incorporation in architecture.
- Develop and execute various technologies within a fast-paced environment and implement backend components for software applications.
- Manage all real time protocols for web and implement all core components.
- Administer all engineering processes and provide support to software teams.
- Analyze and document all product designs and associated various applications for all software systems.
- Manage all communication with various developers and resolve conflicts within team.
- Identify suitable prospective team members to grow team in the outyears.
- Design prototypes, prepare efficient designs and provide codes to facilitate all product releases.
- Maintain knowledge on industry developments and incorporate same into all company programs.
- Collaborate with the development team and ensure efficient release of all products. Scale and recommend modifications and improvements to products and services through regular analysis.
- Supervise and provide training to all junior engineers in organization for various software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a recognized university
- Expert level knowledge of architectural principles and design patterns
- Hands-on experience in a DevOps organization using popular tools and frameworks
- 3+ years of a proven track record as the principal technical decision maker of an engineering team
- Demonstrated success in creating the highly technical architecture of successful enterprise packaged software and SaaS platforms
- Experience working with distributed technologies (REST, web services, WebAPI, microservices, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud architecture and
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with large scale cloud systems
- Experience with SaaS products
- Experienced in a 24/7, multiple geography environment
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Worked with large real-time data streams
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.