Apple Mac, Windows & Mobile Device Support Engineer
design and user experience | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
- Identify, analyze and resolve on-premise and remote user issues.
- Evaluate and recommend products and services that best fit user’s needs.
- Build and install client images, automating and documenting architecture and process
- 4+ years mobile device, Mac and PC support experience.
- Experience installing and maintaining client operating systems (OSX, IOS, Windows 10, Android, Linux).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven documentation skills.
- Experience integrating Mobile devices, PC and Mac clients, windows with services such as: Active Directory, O365, File, Print, VPN, WiFi, etc.)
- MacOS with strong knowledge (Mojave and up)
- Mac Systems Administration with MDM Mac Profile Manager, Munki, Jamf, or similar.
- MacOS command line tools to support and automate Mac install, configure and provision on MacOS devices. Bash scripting experience on Mac is necessary
- iOS - Mobile Device Management with Intune (preferred) or similar MDM
- FileVault2 encryption
Nice to have:
- Apple ACMT hardware repair certification
- McAfee EPO
- Wi-Fi certificate-based authentication support on Macs
- O365 / SharePoint / MS Teams
- User support of Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Ability to safely lift/move 50lb
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.