Anomaly Detection and Data Mining
internships | Palo Alto, CA
Graduate student with experience in machine learning, data mining, or related fields
About the Job
PARC has an internship available in Anomaly Detection and Data Mining.
PARC’s effort in the DARPA ADAMS program focuses on identifying malicious behavior from social network interaction and work practice data. We are developing technologies such as social network analysis, temporal pattern analysis, machine learning and data mining, and anomaly detection. The overall goal of this summer internship is to build a prototype anomaly detection algorithm.
- Database processing to extract data
- Developing novel feature extraction scheme to construct features from social network interaction data and temporal work practice data
- Developing novel anomaly detection scheme to identify statistical anomalies
- Graduate student candidates in computer science, electrical engineering, and/or mathematics/statistics.
- Solid background in at least one of the following areas: machine learning, data mining, social network analysis, and graph theory
- Good implementation skills, familiarity with python/Java, familiarity with database (mysql, oracle)
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience. Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox should contact PARC Human Resources.
For more information on the PARC internship program visit http://www.parc.com/internship