AI Software New Ventures: Head of Engineering
AI Venture | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
There is a tremendous opportunity to join this internal new venture in a key leadership role as the Head of Engineering for the AI Tower based at PARC. You will take on the responsibilities of a startup CTO, leading the engineering effort to bring an AI-based solution to market. The software employs cutting edge NLP models and techniques to help customers generate and manage critical business documents. We are currently in late stage customer trials and are looking for an experienced technical leader who can get the technology ready to scale, streamline the ML/NLP pipeline, manage the offshore development team, organize QA/testing, and create the vision for the product platform.
This role has some unique benefits: the “ownership” that comes with being in a startup business along with the opportunity to collaborate with world class technical talent. Located in Silicon Valley, PARC is a renowned research and Open Innovation company that’s been at the heart of some of the most important technological breakthroughs of our time. We bring leading scientists, engineers and designers together to form teams across a series of Focus Areas that we believe are the future of technology, science and innovation.
- Lead the engineering effort to take a leading-edge NLP-based solution to market
- Manage offshore DevOps, ensuring that milestones are met cost-effectively
- Drive transfer of research models to production code
- Manage the scaling of the solution and ensure the robustness of the offering including QA and security
- Lead development and execution of the vision for the product platform and architecture
- Manage interactions with key internal and external stakeholders including effectively communicating technology status, vision and roadmap
- Required – Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related discipline
- Masters Preferred - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related discipline
- Experience leading technical teams that have successfully taken a software solution to market
- 10+ years of commercial software development experience with specific experience (5+ years preferred) developing ML/NLP models and building an efficient end-to-end ML pipeline
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch and understanding of NLP areas such as classification, named-entity recognition, POS tagging, word embeddings; understanding of question/answering systems and knowledge graphs
- Able to work effectively across research, development and business teams to collaborate, resolve problems and engage support
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K. PARC also strives for the best possible work-life balance, so employees benefit from maternity, paternity and adoption leave, as well as a variety of flexible working options. PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.