Technical Support Agent - Alarm Systems
British Columbia | Langley, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
Due to Paladin's continued growth, we are looking for upbeat support agents to join our alarm service desk, based in our new Langley office. We offer a competitive benefits package, and have an awarded corporate culture.
The Technical Support Agent is responsible for interacting with customers and technicians, managing priorities, and maintaining the schedule for dispatch services. The ideal candidate will have superior customer service and problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude in fast-paced situations. Based in our 24/7 Operations Centre, the Technical Support Agent may be required to work day, afternoon, or night shifts.
TOP REASONS TO JOIN THE PALADIN TECHNOLOGIES TEAM
- Leading Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Promotion From Within
- Awarded Company Culture
- Flexible Work/Life Balance
The Technical Support Agent is responsible for interacting with customers and technicians, managing priorities, and maintaining the schedule for dispatch services. The ideal candidate will have superior customer service and problem solving skills, and a positive attitude in fast-paced situations.
- Receive calls and online requests from customers, and accurately enter service ticket details
- Create quotations for service as required
- Schedule and dispatch technicians efficiently
- Retrieve drawings and technical specifications for technicians as required
- Maintain schedule of technicians to ensure optimization of resources and audit timesheets
- Re-allocate resources as required to provide emergency technician response
- Monitor work orders and maintain documentation
- Coordinate equipment purchasing, including shipping, pick-up, and returns
- Follow up with customers to ensure total satisfaction
- Perform other tasks as required
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Superior customer service capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of three years in call centre or customer service role
- In-depth knowledge and ability to troubleshoot intrusion alarm systems (DSC, Ademco, Honeywell, GE, etc.)
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office