Ontario | Markham, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
We have a best-in-class delivery team supporting a diverse range of clients with various systems across most verticals. The Service Technician will be responsible for servicing electronic security systems from leading manufacturers such as Lenel, Genetec, Axis, Milestone and Avigilon.
- Service and maintenance of integrated security systems including access control, CCTV and alarms
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software of our integrated systems
- Work with manufacturers’ technical support teams to resolve system issues
- Consistently provide high levels of customer service
- Provide customer with training for proper system usage, and respond to technical inquiries
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork, and assist with asbuilt documentation
- Adhere to Paladin’s Quality and Safety program
- Be prompt, enthusiastic and take direction from the service team, and operations
- Be available and willing to participate in an after hours OnCall rotation
- Build confidence with clients and stakeholders and enhance the organization's reputation throughout the industry
- Perform other tasks as required
- Experience as a Service Technician in the security, electronics, telecommunication, or IT industry
- Proven service experience in complex physical security systems such as Lenel, Genetec, AMAG, Milestone, etc.
- Postsecondary training in electronics or equivalent
- Experience with the following systems and technologies are an asset: IP networks, low voltage electronics, power and communications, Access Control, CCTV (IP and Analog), Intrusion Systems, ClientServer security applications.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Able to work independently
- Strong command of the English language along with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Awareness of productivity and profitability of the work carried out
- Willingness and capability to learn and develop
- Able to pass varying levels of security clearance
- Available to travel to work sites within Alberta on an ad hoc basis
- Personal hand tools required