British Columbia | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned and operate nationally. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Our CAD Technician will be responsible for creating and modifying designs for integrated security systems. Working with the Sales and Project Delivery teams, these designs will be used to prepare quotes and estimates and to assemble installation instructions.
- Liaise with the Sales, Design, and Project Management teams to develop, prepare, and review technical and design documentation and drawings for integrated security systems projects
- Review drawings and project documents to ensure quality control of defined standards
- Operate drafting software to produce electronic drawings of integrated security systems for quotes and project preparation
- Prepare, manage, and submit closeout documentation to customers
- Perform other tasks as required
- Experience with CAD design software, and strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Revit and BIM modelling experience would be considered an asset
- Experience in the integrated security systems industry would be considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of engineering drawing and principles, along with an understanding of construction methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take instruction, and work independently or in a team
- Postsecondary education in a related field would be considered an asset; minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with multiple deadlines