Technician, Integrated Security Systems
Service & Installation | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
TOP REASONS TO JOIN THE PALADIN TECHNOLOGIES TEAM
- Leading Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Promotion From Within
- Awarded Company Culture
- Flexible Work/Life Balance
Due to our continued growth in Edmonton, we are looking for team-oriented, customer-focused individuals to join our team. The Security Systems Technician will be responsible for installing and servicing electronic security systems, including access control, CCTV, and intrusion alarms. At this time we are looking for both Junior and Senior Technicians to join the team.
- Installation (including pre-wiring, installing, programming, commissioning, and trouble-shooting) and maintenance of security systems
- Design system and layout
- Provide customer with training for proper system usage, and respond to technical inquiries
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork
- Follow technical instructions (either verbal or written) to execute wiring diagrams and installation specifications
- Utilize basic hand and power tools for installation activities in a safe manner
- Participate in our Health & Safety program, and be familiar with specific safety practices at each job site
- Post-secondary training in electronics or equivalent is prefered
- Minimum of two (2) years industry experience is preferred but we are willing to look the right combination of education and experience and/or new grads
- Experience and familiarity with power systems, alarm and telemetry systems, common cable systems and types, connector and grounding techniques, and wiring and cable plans associated with the installation of both Security and CCTV Systems
- Firm understanding of industry standards and wiring methods, and the ability to read and understand technical manuals, documentation packages, schematic wiring diagrams, block and level diagrams, factory wiring diagrams, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, neatness, and accuracy
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Visio would be considered asset
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain customer trust as an advisor