Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for all national talent acquisition activities required to fill placements across a variety of disciplines. You will implement effective results-driven recruiting strategies that meet business goals and objectives. You will source talent and provide value-added service by building a strong talent pipeline that increases our bench strength. You enjoy being creative and utilize a wide variety of sourcing methods beyond postings. As a brand ambassador, you will act to maximize employee engagement and development.
- Perform full cycle recruitment activities which includes formulation and execution of our talent acquisition strategy, interviewing, providing education, advising hiring managers, understanding recruiting needs and job requirements.
- Develop and continuously improve the overall recruitment process, both internally and externally.
- Source and manage candidate pools by identifying and approaching active and passive candidates through appropriate channels to fill positions in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain talent pipelines through continuous sourcing and attending relevant industry conferences, professional group meetings, and other events to target top talent.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to include professional networking, direct sourcing, employee referrals, and social media to focus on a diverse pool of talent.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with candidates, employees and hiring managers to achieve recruitment goals.
- Manage relationships with external vendors including, but not limited to: background check companies, web-advertising providers (Indeed, LinkedIn etc.), and pre-employment assessment providers.
- Partner with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business drivers, objectives and regional challenges affecting talent acquisition.
- Provide regular progress updates on search findings to management.
- Facilitate follow up meetings with candidates and hiring managers.
- Generate key hiring metrics.
- Participate in the development of the job evaluation process and work with managers to create job descriptions as necessary.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee’s departure.
- Other additional projects, duties and assignments as required.
- Uphold confidentiality in the execution of the role.
- Recruitment Agency consulting or corporate recruiting experience across a variety of positions is an asset.
- Proven track record of successful sourcing and candidate generation with and in-depth knowledge of creative sourcing techniques to uncover passive candidates.
- Proficient technology skills including MS Office, social media platforms, ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Solid verbal and written communication to support candidate recommendations and explain search updates.
- Strong listening & relationship building skills along with the ability to influence.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills sufficient to resolve problems or identify alternatives.
- Ability to multi-task, exercise sound judgement, apply common sense, and achieve results.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work cross functionally and be willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, CPHR or equivalent designation preferred.