Systems Engineer / Designer
Design & Delivery | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Full Time
CONTAVA, A Paladin Technologies Company, specializes in the integration of enterprise IT infrastructure with physical security systems. We provide leading edge services including assessment, design, project management, installation, and maintenance to industrial, institutional, commercial, and government clients across the country.
The company is comprised of professionals who are dedicated to exemplary conduct and performance. The CONTAVA team is responsible, knowledgeable, and committed to delivering innovative integrated solutions. With the support of CONTAVA, employees are expected to learn and develop careers in an exciting technical environment.
The Systems Engineer/Designer performs discovery and analysis of business needs in order to define client requirements. This position works in conjunction with Account Executives and the Project Management team to determine technical requirements for project work and to ensure fit and suitability of our product offering, including managed services, within the client network.
We’ll partner with you, support your growth, and help you reach your potential. At CONTAVA, you will learn from supportive managers and team members in a collaborative, friendly, and fun workplace!
You are an exceptional team member who will
• Prepare high level system designs in a thorough and professional manner during the pre-sales cycle. Design work may include conducting site surveys and device mark-ups, network architecture design, server loading, writing technical narratives and proposals, and preparing of bills of material
• Produce detailed post-sale design documents that will guide the technical installation and configuration of systems
• Develop financial and logistics estimates both independently and in collaboration with CONTAVA sales and marketing professionals
• Multi-task and manage time effectively to prioritize projects, tasks, and meetings as necessary
• Identify, establish, and document processes to support design efficiency and scalability
• Develop productive relationships with clients and key stakeholders in order to build respect and confidence in the organization’s capabilities.
• Understand and maintain an awareness of the productivity and profitability of work carried out by the organization
Your qualifications include
• A minimum of three years of design experience in the IT, instrumentation and controls, and/or security industries
• Field experience in a construction environment is an asset
• A strong understanding of the physical security or IT industries, which includes awareness of complimentary products, technologies, trends, and the general application of physical security
• An understanding of and experience with fundamental concepts pertaining to IP networks, low voltage electronics, power, and communications
• A strong command of the English language supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects and be responsive to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Post-secondary education from an accredited college, university, or technical institution in Business, Construction Management, Electronics, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
• P.Eng, EIT, CET, or other professional technical designation is preferred
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Motivated self-starter with ambition to independently research new technologies as well as engineering and business methodologies/concepts.
CONTAVA is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CONTAVA does not discriminate based on disability, gender, race, or any other basis protected under federal, provincial, or local laws.
CONTAVA offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.