Operations | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned and operate nationally. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
The System Designer will be responsible for creating detailed drawings to in-house drafting standards and supporting project managers and field technicians with design-related inquiries. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines, and comfortable working in a team environment. Reporting to the Design Team Manager, the System Designer will be based out of our Vancouver office, with the potential for travel within British Columbia to job sites as needed.
- Design integrated security systems, based on customer requirements
- Provide CADD support to Project Managers and Technicians
- Provide technical support to Sales team for project pursuit initiatives
- Visit job sites to determine conditions and requirements for design and installation
- Contribute to internal technical knowledge base for support of entire organization
- Research and maintain familiarity with current and new technology in the industry
- Travel to job sites in the province, mainly in the Lower Mainland, on an ad hoc basis
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Minimum of five years’ experience in security industry. Additional experience working in Information Technology Infrastructure
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a design role with exposure to access control, intrusion, video, perimeter detection, robotics and analytics systems
- Experience with IT infrastructure or telecommunications or low voltage design considered an asset
- Strong competency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software suite
- Extensive knowledge of intrusion / perimeter security systems, access control and CCTV systems
- Experience and understanding of networking would be considered an asset
- Prior field installation experience would be considered an asset
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.