Service Technician - Integrated Security Systems
Service & Installation | Calgary, AB, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies is a company which specializes in the integration of enterprise IT infrastructure with physical security systems. We provide leading edge services such as assessment, design, project management, installation and maintenance to industrial, institutional, commercial and government clients across the country.
- Install, integrate, test and service quality integrated security systems, including CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion and other progressive technologies.
- Work closely with other service technicians, installers and subcontractors throughout the course of system implementations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, schematics and operations/product manuals applicable to assigned activity.
- Prepare as-built documentation in an efficient and professional manner.
- Adhere to our Quality and Safety program.
- Be prompt, enthusiastic and take direction from Project Lead.
- Support and mentor junior technicians.
- Be available and willing to participate in a rotation of the after hours On-Call program facilitated to provide the utmost service to our customers and clients.
- Consistently provide high levels of customer service.
- Build confidence with clients and stakeholders and enhance the organizations reputation throughout the industry.
- Experience as a Field Service Technician; preferred industries: security, electronics, telecommunication, or IT
- Installation and/or service experience of complex physical security systems such as Lenel, Genetec, AMAG, Milestone, etc.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college, university or technical institution in Electronics, Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience with the following systems and technologies are an asset: IP networks, low voltage electronics, power and communications, Access Control, CCTV (IP and Analog), Intrusion Systems, Client-Server security applications, MS SQL databases, Servers and Storage Arrays, Windows workstations, and Microsoft Office.
- First Aid, CSTS and other safety certifications are an asset.
- Strong command of the English language along with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Awareness of productivity and profitability of the work carried out.
- Willingness and capability to learn and develop as well as mentoring and nurturing the technical abilities of team members.
- Valid Class 5 (or higher) Operator’s License.
- Able to pass varying levels of security clearance.
- Free to travel regularly to worksites inside Alberta.
- Personal hand tools required.