Senior Audio Visual Technician
Operations Centre | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
We are looking for an experienced Audio-Visual Technician to lead large commercial AV installation projects.
- Support, lead, and mentor team members
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and audio / visual devices; includes pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labelling per specifications / drawings
- Install audio / visual equipment, including: audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems, and all presentation systems
- Interact with customers and prospects, ensuring all inquiries are handled professionally
- Ensure that safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork
- Minimum 3 years of experience installing AV systems is preferred but experience from an electrical, mechanical and/or construction environment will be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments, from construction sites to finished corporate offices
- Comfortable working at heights
- Strong problem solving skills
- Post-secondary education in electronics, electrical, telecommunications, or equivalent would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Must be bondable and able to pass a background check