Accounting & Finance | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
As part of the Paladin Security Group of Companies, Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. With offices from coast to coast, Paladin Technologies’ teams design and deploy sophisticated integrated systems technology and infrastructure for clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
Paladin Technologies is 100% Canadian owned. Its success is a direct result of the commitment and passion of great people. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Paladin believes in creating a dedicated and professional environment where employees can build on personal growth and career advancement.
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Accountant will be responsible for overseeing a number of projects of varying size, complexity and duration to ensure accurate accounting and profitability.
· Well Being
For more information about our organization, please visit www.paladintechnologies.com
- Approve quotes in sales quoting software WeSuite and import into ERP system Sedona Office
- Review contracts and ensure project is accurately set-up in the system and all commercial terms are properly reflected.
- Reviews WIP reports and conducts WIP review meetings with Project Managers to ensure timely billing;
- Perform job cost review on a regular basis and review with Accounts Payable ensuring all vendor bills are reflected on job costing in a timely manner
- Produces customer invoices, credit notes, and back up documentation;
- Produces and analyzes trend and variance reports as needed;
- Ensures project profitability is maximized for the project;
- Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized;
- Gathers project accruals and provisions information as needed;
- Works closely with project operations and project controls to improve project administration processes and effectiveness;
- Works directly with customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned; and
- Provides assistance in collection with Accounts Receivable, and resolves any inquiries arising from customer
- Performs other adhoc accounting duties as assigned by the Controller
- Diploma in Accounting or CPA designation with a minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in a project accounting function
- Technical and analytical accounting skills;
- Understanding of GAAP and ASPE;
- Maintains the highest professional ethics and standards;
- Construction project knowledge a plus;
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments
- Advanced Excel skills;