Operations | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day operational control of our Edmonton location. In this role you will lead a seasoned and qualified team to ensure successful performance of the day-to-day operational processes and project related needs. Under the direction of the Vice President, the Operations Manager will have ownership of the delivery of project scopes of work and P/L responsibilities.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control staffing levels and utilization to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to quality standard.
- Communicate with Project Management team to evaluate all current and upcoming project work for required quantity and skillset of technical labor and office support
- Maintain technical labour schedule to ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Control costs and maximize productivity through the implementation of best practices and standard processes
- Implement and monitor the annual and medium term operational plans and projects to meet overall objectives and timings.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the project management team, operations and other organizational departments and divisions.
- Review project deliverables and ensure timelines are on track
- Interview, hire, and oversee training for staff
- Build and maintain relationships with external clients
- Conduct effective and timely performance reviews on all direct reports. Complete and document regular performance reviews that comply with Company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all members of your team have their responsibilities and authorities clearly established.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes safe practices and encourages individual integrity and accountability.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and practices are followed and meet client requirements.
- Perform other tasks as required
- 5 years’ experience as an Operations Manager overseeing complex technology projects
- IT, Telecommunications or other related industry experience would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and project software
- Able to work independently, manage time effectively, and work with multiple deadlines