Designer - Security Systems
Design & Delivery | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Our System Designer will be responsible for the discovery and analysis of business needs in order to define client requirements. This position works in conjunction with Account Managers, the Design team, and the Project Management team to determine technical requirements for project work and to ensure fit and suitability of our product offering, including managed services, within the client network.
- Prepare high level system designs in a thorough and professional manner during the pre-sales cycle; includes, but is not limited to: conducting site surveys and device mark-ups, network architecture design, server loading, writing technical narratives and proposals, and preparing of bills of material
- Work with the Sales and Project Management teams to determine design feasibility of proposed projects in the project qualification phase
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of security systems, including their various components, and learn new systems and technologies as they are put into use in projects; includes, but is not limited to: Access Control, IP Video, Intrusion Alarms, Intercoms, Perimeter Detection, and their various controls and integrations
- Produce detailed post-sale design documents that will guide the technical installation and system configuration
- Develop financial and logistics estimates in collaboration with our sales and marketing professionals
- Identify, establish, and document processes to support design efficiency and scalability
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- A minimum of 3 years of design experience in security, instrumentation and controls, or IT industry
- Post-secondary education in Business, Construction Management, Electronics, Engineering, IT, or related field
- Field experience in a construction environment would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of the physical security or IT industries, including awareness of complimentary products, technologies, trends, and the general application of physical security
- Experience with fundamental concepts pertaining to IP networks, low voltage electronics, power, and communication
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to independently research new technologies, as well as engineering and business methodologies or concepts
- Ability to pass varying levels of security clearance
- P.Eng, EIT, CET, or other professional technical designation would be considered an asset