Data Technician - Calgary
Service & Installation | Calgary, AB, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Our Technician will be responsible for installing, terminating, and testing structured network cabling/fibre, as well as security cable, along with installing racks, patch panels, devices, etc. Experience with Audio Visual would be considered an asset.
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and devices; includes pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labeling per specifications and drawings
- Install network racks and cabinets in server rooms
- Ensure that safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork
- Interact with customers and prospects, ensuring all inquiries are handled professionally
- Perform other tasks as required
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Post-secondary education in electrical, telecommunications, or electronics would be an asset
- Minimum three (3) years of industry experience
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments, from construction sites to finished corporate offices
- Physical ability to perform requirements of job, including pulling cable on a regular basis
- Comfortable working at heights
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be bondable and able to pass a background check
- Strong problem solving skills