Service & Installation | Victoria, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Due to our continued growth in the Lower Mainland, we are looking for customer service oriented Alarm Technicians for full-time, salaried roles. We offer a competitive benefits package, and have an awarded corporate culture. Paladin Technologies takes great pride in maintaining a positive and successful environment and in the quality of our workmanship. One of our most valued goals is to consistently exceed the expectations of our customers and coworkers.
The Alarm Technician is responsible for the installation, service and maintenance of security alarm systems. Working closely with our Project Managers and valued clients, our Alarm Technicians provide a well-coordinated, efficient and highly responsive installation and service effort. Many of our system applications are highly technical and require creative solutions; therefore, technical expertise will be an important component of our successful system design, planning and implementation.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the clients
- Complete installations from start to finish, including gathering equipment and supplies, plan wiring, surveying and evaluating location, installing equipment, programming and calibrating equipment, testing system and connections, and correcting problems as required
- Train users on system functions
- Accurately document installation records
- Maintain secure work environment by following safe practices
- Support sales team with system design and site surveys
- Handle confidential information with utmost professionalism
- Continuously update knowledge of industry and technology
- Participate in rotating ‘on-call’ schedule with other technicians
- Perform other tasks as required
- MUST be TQ Certified with valid Security Alarm Installer License
- Valid BC Driver’s License and clean abstract
- Experience with installation, service (troubleshooting) residential and commercial intrusion systems
- Knowledge of CCTV, network video, and access would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Basic security systems hand tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills