Alarm Monitoring Operator
Operations Centre | Victoria, BC, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned, and operate nationally. The experts that make up Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Our Operations Centre ensures a constant communication link between Paladin employees, its varied client base, and on-call management personnel, and provides a 24/7 centralized escalation point. While experience in security or alarm monitoring would be valuable, time spent in a call center or dispatching role would be a key attribute in understanding the responsibilities of the position. The Operator must have the ability to communicate effectively with emergency personnel, mobile officers and our clients. This position requires that all Operators be prepared to provide an exceptional level of service and support to both our internal and external customers and all Paladin employees.
- Act as the first line of contact for our clients, handling all calls in a professional and calm demeanor
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain professionalism in all situations
- Maintain a good rapport with all Paladin employees, clients, and management staff
- Remain cognizant of the confidential information that must be handled by this position
- Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated time frames
- Respond to alarms in a timely manner while following all account instructions
- Properly document all mobile alarm dispatches
- Accurately update alarm accounts
- Perform other tasks as required
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written), and bilingual proficiency in French would be an asset
- Computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Function effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to prioritize based on severity of the call
- Lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to deal with others effectively