Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounting & Finance | Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of communication and digital networks, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are 100% Canadian-owned and operate nationally. The experts that makeup Paladin’s teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Due to our ambitious plans to gain further market share in the expanding systems integration industry, an opportunity exists for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the team full time at our finance head office in Burnaby.
The position of Accounts Payable Clerk will be a member of the Finance and Accounting team reporting directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Review invoices for the proper authorization.
- Key in a consistent volume of accounts payable invoices each month (typically 1000 bills/month), matching of all source documents, and ensuring appropriate GL distribution.
- Mid-volume expense reimbursements and petty cash reports.
- Manage and maintain existing and new vendor setups.
- Input payment transactions and run cheques.
- Correspondence with branches.
- Communicate with vendors on invoices, receiving and payments of outstanding accounts.
- Completion of other accounting duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related position would be preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Office required with intermediate skills in Excel required.
- Experience with one or multiple systems an asset: WinTeam, Accpac, Quickbooks and Sedona.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills dealing with internal departments and external suppliers.
- Attention to detail with excellent time management skills.
- Preferably, experience with multiple companies or inter-company operations.