Back-Of-The-House | Miami Beach, FL | Full Time and Part Time
The palace South Beach is an iconic 31 year old LGBT restaurant and bar on Miami Beach. We are a full entertainment venue with daily dragshows, events, as well as regular lunch and diner dining.
Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following…. other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
2+ years kitchen cook experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and bend and twist neck, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and extreme cold and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- restaurant: 2 year (Preferred)
- Line Cook: 2 year (Preferred)
- United States (required)