Back-Of-The-House | Miami Beach, FL | Full Time
The palace South Beach is an iconic 31-year-old LGBT restaurant and bar on Miami Beach. We are a full entertainment venue with daily dragshows, events, as well as regular lunch and dinner dining.
HIGH VOLUME RESTAURANT - Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following…. other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times and oversee appropriate cleaning schedules for cleaning of kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with VP Operations and Executive VP of Operation’s approval.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with the management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Attends food and beverage staff meetings.
- Planning and directing food preparation.
- Supervise, direct and assist staff as they prep for lunch and dinner shift.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Check the main items for dinner service and make sure they are ready for use.
- If something is missing, take care of the problem immediately.
- Must make sure that all staff adheres to the guidelines of their perspective jobs.
- Monitor the cleanliness of each station; make sure that they maintain their work areas.
- Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Must make sure the kitchen stays open for normal business hours and as needed.
- Maintain and encourage respect between kitchen and front of the house.
- Coordinate with operations manager to communicate 86's, specials and end of the night checkout.
- Must inspect every plate for proper seasoning, temperature and neatness before it leaves the kitchen.
- Help clean, consolidate and organize all coolers and freezers as directed by EC.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in the safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Handles of food Inspections by the Department of Health.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
3+ years of previous culinary management experience
Ability and experience managing several BOH outlets
Solid Knowledge of food and food measurements
Scheduling, inventory, and purchasing experience
Strong/stable work history
Availability to work a flexible schedule (6 days a week) 60~ 70 hours
ENGLISH - FLUENT
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
SPANISH - CONVERSATIONAL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and bend and twist neck, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and extreme cold and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
Minimum Work Experience:
Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Sous Chef: 3 years (Required)
United States (required)