Real Estate Financial Analyst - Special Projects
Corporate | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States. Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $5 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has four offices located along the West Coast, with over fifty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3.3 billion dollars.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies include the acquisition and renovation of 10 - 30 year old “vintage” communities, as well as the acquisition of multi-family investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: Pacific Urban Residential seeks a capable and skilled candidate to join the CEO and CFO as a Real Estate Financial Analyst in our Palo Alto, CA office. This is an excellent opportunity for an energized and motivated individual to learn and participate in high level portfolio analysis, debt/equity structures and various special projects, contributing to, and driving the success of the enterprise.
This position offers the right individual the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the apartment industry while working at one of the most experienced and reputable real estate investment managers in the Western United States.
This position will report to the ‘C-Suite’ and will have responsibility to support key executives.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities: Initially, this position will entail a wide variety of financially oriented duties associated with optimizing the financial and operating performance of a significant portfolio of apartment properties valued at over $3 billion. Secondarily, the candidate will be required to assist senior team members in evaluating products and services in the multi-family industry for efficacy, reliability and cost effectiveness, as well as engaging in a wide variety of tasks and projects directly associated with operating an actively managed portfolio.
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Analyze rents, occupancies, budgets and financials, while working closely with Asset Managers, Portfolio Management, and third party property managers to provide support and direction of business plans.
- Develop key, dynamic performance metrics, providing c-suite executives with actionable, strategic data.
- Participate in the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for clients and senior management.
- Conduct site visits to assist with monitoring property operations and renovation/capital projects.
- Perform a wide variety of detailed qualitative and numerically oriented assessments and analyses, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Other duties as required.
Personal and Professional Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably with a focus in Business, Real Estate, Finance, or other relevant area. A strong academic record required.
- MBA or relevant post-graduate degree is desirable, but not required.
- The ideal candidate must have outstanding personal and professional qualities with a demonstrated track record of growth and achievement.
- Prior experience in real estate investment is strongly preferred, but not required if the candidate possesses the right combination of ability, drive, relevant experience and knowledge.
- Must possess excellent financial and analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel.
- The candidate must be able to effectively multi-task while maintaining accuracy in the work product; attention to detail is required.
- Must be a clear, concise writer and be comfortable speaking clearly and confidently to a wide variety of staff and executive team members in different functional areas and geographies.
- Must want, and be able to, work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. It is essential to be self-disciplined and motivated.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to real estate investing as a career, ideally with a particular interest in the multi-family rental space.
- Salary and annual bonus commensurate with skills and experience.