Asset Management, Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States. Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $5 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has four offices along the West Coast, with over forty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3 billion.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies include the acquisition and renovation of 10 - 30 year old “vintage” communities, as well as the acquisition of multi-family investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: Pacific Urban Residential seeks a Marketing Manager to oversee and direct a wide variety of property and company brand-related marketing and resident relations’ activities for multi-family investment properties.
Pacific recognizes that attracting and retaining residents who have a high level of satisfaction is critical to continued success. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing best in class digital and traditional “analog” marketing vendors and tools to optimize spending and results associated with the cost effective maximization of traffic and leasing, rents, resident retention/satisfaction, on-line reputation, etc.
The position will report to the Director of Portfolio of Operations and the successful candidate will work directly with Pacific’s two business unit leaders who have responsibility for the Cash Flow and Value Add multi-family portfolios, respectively. The Marketing Manager also will work closely with Pacific Urban’s in-house Design Team who is responsible for overseeing the design of many physical and aesthetic improvements on Pacific’s properties, as well as overseeing the much of the design of Pacific’s logo, signage and collateral materials.
In addition, the Marketing Manager will work with Pacific’s in-house Asset Managers who have direct, day to day responsibility for the correct and efficient functioning of their properties. Furthermore, the Marketing Manager will leverage the capabilities of the in-house marketing personnel of Pacific’s third-party property management companies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (directly or indirectly responsible for executing with in-house or outside team members):
Marketing + Online Reputation
- Evaluate and implement an optimal digital marketing suite (Yardi, Rent Café, Yardi CRM, Knock, etc.).
- Review and monitor SEO, SEM, ILS: Craigslist, Zillow, Rent.com, etc. to ensure optimal advertising is deployed.
- Review property web sites to ensure (i) the best vendor and template(s) are used; (ii) they are up to date with current photos and current content.
- Reputation Management training and assistance, i.e. help monitor and improve onsite reviews.
Customer Satisfaction + Operations
- Ensure Pacific’s portfolio is providing exceptional customer service.
- Renewal policies –> work with managers to ensure residents are feeling valued during the renewal process.
- Construction disruption –> assist in-house Asset Managers and on-site teams with creative ideas to manage major construction projects.
- Work with management companies to train Regional Property Managers (“RPM’s”) and onsite personnel in all areas of resident relations (such as curb appeal, leasing experience, resident experience, maintenance follow-through, resident functions).
- Assist RPM’s and site managers with appropriate and thoughtful responses to both positive and negative reviews utilizing all available digital tools.
- Create and maintain Pacific’s Marketing Blog & Newsletter; also, create inventory of ideas to enhance resident experiences to be shared across the portfolio.
- Coordinate Annual Awards and Annual PUR Mgmt Training Events.
- Send quarterly newsletters/reminders to residents
- Resident functions –> design and coordinate regular propertylevel events.
- PUR Cares –> work with Asset Managers and regionals to ensure all properties have a designated charity and participate in at least one event per year with their selected charity. In addition, select one corporate charity and have all assets participate in one PUR-sponsored event.
- Work with Asset Managers and Construction Team to ensure PUR Sustainability efforts are being carried out; i.e. make sure messaging is clearly visible via the sites, websites, brochures, etc.
Other Areas to Monitor / Manage Update (as needed)
- Standard PUR move-in gifts
- Resident surveys
- PUR Music Program
- PUR Scents
- Wow refrigerators
- Pet recognition/events
- Fitness ondemand, weekly yoga or fitness instructors
- Cooking demonstrations
- Career apparel
- Property branded items (umbrellas, coffee mugs, wine glasses, door mats, etc.)
- Bike sharing
- Valet waste
- Resident services: package lockers, concierge services, dry cleaning pickup, grocery delivery services
Personal and Professional Requirements:
- The ideal candidate must have outstanding personal, educational and professional qualities, along with a demonstrated track record of growth and achievement.
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably with a focus in Marketing, Business, Real Estate, or other relevant area; a strong academic record is also required.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in real estate marketing.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent creative and analytical skills, as well as a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- It is essential to have the ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to management.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and presence.
- Must be able to effectively multitask, while maintaining accuracy in the work product.
- Must want, and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines. It is essential to be self disciplined and motivated.
- Travel is required throughout the West and, potentially, to other parts of the United States.