Construction Project Manager
Construction | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Pacific Urban Residential (“PUR”) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $5 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has four offices along the West Coast, with over forty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3.5 billion.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies include the acquisition and repositioning of 10 to 50-year-old “vintage” apartment buildings, as well as the acquisition of multi-family investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
PUR is currently seeking a results-driven construction management professional to add to the team in Southern California, specifically servicing our San Diego portfolio. This position will report to the Vice President of Construction and will support the Construction Department by overseeing multifamily renovation projects. This is an ideal role for someone with local knowledge of Southern California multifamily suppliers, contractors, and building codes. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated success in managing multiple apartment renovation projects within a high-energy and fast-paced company. The position may involve some travel, telecommuting, and other means necessary to communicate and manage construction projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives:
- The candidate will be responsible for daily management, coordination and successful completion of construction, renovation, rehab, and improvement on multiple project sites. This includes meeting time, cost and quality objectives.
- Adhere to all company, client and project policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain official project logs, files, reports, schedules, and documentation as required.
- Interface with PUR’s Development and Acquisition Departments, as well as parent company’s corporate functions.
- Interface with project architects, engineers, general contractors and direct retained subcontractors and suppliers.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Participate in the development of construction budgets.
- Monitor overall project construction budgets, schedule, quality control of work, and prepare monthly status updates.
- Assist Vice President of Construction with estimating, project reports, cost reports, value engineering and other project assignments.
- Implement and utilize sound construction management practices in requesting, processing, comparing, and awarding subcontractor and contractor bid proposals.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree with construction-related curriculum required
- Seven to ten years of construction experience, five plus years of project construction management experience
- Five years of multifamily / apartment construction experience, and experience with renovating older apartment properties (circa 1960’s)
- Ability to oversee multiple projects depending on the size, nature and complexity of such projects
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Computer Literacy:
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate company servers to seek out necessary documents
- Understanding of, and ability to remotely access company servers via VPN
- Ability to graphically mark up images via Adobe Acrobat or equivalent products
- Professional Knowledge:
- Ability to manage up as well, as down in pursuit of the goal (i.e. interfacing with Asset Management, Design, and Investments Teams, along with upper management)
- Technical Writing – the ability to write technical construction documents including the ability to distill technical information for consumption by those outside of the construction environment
- Analytical/Innovative – the ability to contribute new and creative processes to the business
- For consideration, please apply only through the link in this posting; no emails or phone calls
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response
- The selected candidate must live in San Diego County