Investments | New York, NY | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Residential (“PUR”) is an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, PUR is focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the Western United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $5 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUR has four offices along the West Coast, with over forty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $3.5 billion.
Pacific Urban Residential investment strategies include the acquisition and repositioning of 10 to 50-year-old “vintage” apartment buildings, as well as the acquisition of multi-family investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Residential is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: Investing in existing multifamily properties throughout California, Portland, Seattle, and Denver, Pacific Urban Residential has now established an office in New York City to expand into the New York Metro and Northeast markets. PUR is backed by one of the nation's largest real estate companies and enjoys strategic relationships with some of the largest multifamily investors in the United States.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Acquisitions Analyst in our Manhattan office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with brokers, owners, and internal executives. The successful candidate will have long-term aspirations of becoming an Investment Officer with sourcing responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data into each valuation
- Research and analyze targeted submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of relevant opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the targeted submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities
- Prepare materials for presentation to Pacific’s Investment Committee
- Participate in various analytical projects required in the Acquisitions Department
- Some travel will be required throughout targeted submarkets
- May perform other duties as needed
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- B.A. degree required
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis / real estate valuations
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Argus a plus
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance
- For consideration, please apply only through the link in this posting; no emails or phone calls
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response
- Must live within commuting distance of NYC