Investments | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘Pacific’) is an industry leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, Pacific is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $7 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, Pacific has six offices, with over seventy professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $5 billion.
Pacific Urban Investors investment strategies are focused on the multifamily space. Committed to the communities in which we operate and to sustainability, Pacific utilizes its branded Ecologic program of initiatives to bring environmentally aware features into the communities and to each resident’s apartment home.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Transaction Analyst with a primary focus on Due Diligence for both New Investments and Property Sales. The candidate must be incredibly detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple transactions with precise timing and documentation requirements. Strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with brokers, owners, third party vendors, and internal executives.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- With the Investment VP, plan and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the Due Diligence process including: document deliverables, overall transaction calendar, and scheduling of property inspections for new investments and dispositions.
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions and dispositions utilizing Microsoft Excel and using our internal models to incorporate market data and facts into each valuation.
- Research and analyze numerous sub-markets, both from the desk and occasionally “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities.
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the sub-markets.
- Participate in various analytical projects required in the Investments Department.
- Manage closing coordination.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Qualifications & Skills:
- B.A. degree required.
- Sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis / real estate valuations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications.
- Base Salary commensurate with experience.
- Incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
- Exceptional candidates in Los Angeles (preferred), Irvine, Northern California (office location in Palo Alto) and Seattle will be considered.
- Thank you for your interest in the position. For efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.