Finance & Analytics | Hybrid in Irvine, CA | Full Time | From $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 per year
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘PUI’) is an industry-leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. PUI is nationwide with offices in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, New York, Boston, and Washington DC. PUI is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States. Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $8 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUI has seven offices, with over fifty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $6 billion dollars.
PUI investment strategies include the acquisition and renovation of 10 - 50-year-old “vintage” communities, as well as the acquisition of multifamily investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.pacificurbaninvestors.com.
Job Description: We are seeking a Senior Accountant with 3+ years of experience in real estate or investment management whose strengths lie in financial analysis and reporting. In the role, you will be responsible for the financial review and reporting for a portfolio of multiple Business Unit assets and will also assist with cash flow projections, IRR calculations and reporting to lenders and investors. As a member of the Finance & Analytics team, you will interact with senior management and provide key analytic tools for tracking the performance of the Business Unit portfolio of assets. The position can be based at the Company’s Palo Alto (corporate headquarters) or Irvine offices and reports to an Accounting Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining and analyzing accounting records, reviewing and approving monthly and quarterly financial reports, preparing interim and year-end audit work papers, submitting lender compliance reports, as well as other financial reports to management and/or owners.
This is a full-time position with typical in-office, daily hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flexible hours and partial remote work is an option.
- Review and approve monthly financial statements prepared by third party property management companies, which function may include reconciling errors, proposing journal entries, and reviewing and researching variance analyses
- Assist in the preparation of the annual property budgets for the assigned portfolio of properties
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual financial and compliance reports to lenders and partners, including preparation of loan draw requests and equity contribution and distribution calculations, summaries and notices
- Prepare and analyze quarterly asset summaries for all wholly owned assets and core apartment portfolio in order to help determine key quarterly valuations for each property
- Calculate monthly equity contributions made by MMC to each property in order to determine long-term cost of equity and determine how it compares to the IC Report
- Prepare interim and year-end tax compliance, audit and/or tax work papers and assist in the Q&A with external auditors.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to other internal departments and under specific deadlines
- Attend and participate in cross-functional Business Unit team meetings with Portfolio Operations
- Provide regular reporting to Portfolio Operations regarding revenue and expense trends and metrics, as well as analyze and benchmark performance of assets within the respective Business Unit
- May perform other duties as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility to adapt and adjust on an ad hoc basis, as needed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience in Yardi software is preferred, but not required
- Desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with a collaborative approach
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of strong, general, full-cycle accounting experience, preferably in real estate
- Fund management or financial services experience a plus
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with multi-family industry
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.
The compensation plan for this role will be commensurate with the skills required of the position. As such, it will be comprised of a base salary, and an annual performance-based incentive which is determined upon individual and portfolio performance. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k + Employer Contribution
- Medical (H.S.A./HDHP option w/ Employer Contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life & AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Long-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Accident
Depending on the role, other benefits such as commissions, educational assistance program (tuition reimbursement), referral program, and/or car allowance may be applicable.