Investment Officer – VP of Investments
Investments | Boston, MA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘Pacific’) is an industry leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, Pacific is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $7 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, Pacific has six offices, with over seventy professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $5 billion.
Pacific Urban Investors investment strategies are focused on the multifamily space. Committed to the communities in which we operate and to sustainability, Pacific utilizes its branded Ecologic program of initiatives to bring environmentally aware features into the communities and to each resident’s apartment home.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: The Investment Officer – VP of Investments will be responsible for sourcing direct on- and off-market acquisition opportunities and establishing programmatic joint venture and preferred equity relationships for one of the nation’s top apartment investors. The candidate will have sole responsibility for sourcing new investments in designated markets and strategies within the Boston MSA. Additionally, the position requires excellent deal-identification, underwriting, negotiating skills and the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of excellent interpersonal, analytical and personnel management abilities. Depending on the "fit" of the candidate, the position could range from an emerging transaction officer who has originated a few successful investments to a more experienced professional capable of overseeing all strategies within geography and supervising regional staff.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Sourcing potential acquisition opportunities, both fully marketed and off-market.
- Interfacing with Senior Management regarding market conditions, investment strategies and transaction sourcing methods.
- Working with Investment Analysts and Asset Management personnel to assist with asset pricing, due diligence and investment write-ups.
- Coordinating with property owners and managers to obtain relevant investment information.
- Developing relationships with brokers, property management personnel and property owners.
- Formulating, reviewing and presenting investment summaries to the Investment Committee.
- Heavy in-market, local travel; approximately 50%+.
- Additionally, it is essential to represent and market the Company at local, regional, and national industry events
- Other duties, as assigned, may include:
- Identifying and closing programmatic joint ventures with developers of multifamily assets and enhancing cultivated sponsor/partnership relationships.
- Providing other types of real estate financing (construction debt, mezz debt, preferred equity).
Required Education, Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS required; MBA in Real Estate, Business or Finance is preferred.
- 3 - 10+ years of real estate transaction experience.
- Demonstrated history of deal sourcing and closed multifamily transactions.
- In-depth knowledge of Boston submarkets.
- Existing network of relationships with brokers/owners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, due diligence and research skills to evaluate potential investments.
- Salary and annual bonus commensurate with experience.
- Long-term participation incentive plan tied to transaction profitability.
- Thank you for your interest in the position. For efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.