Investments | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘Pacific’) is an industry leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, Pacific is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $7 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, Pacific has six offices, with over seventy professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $5 billion.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Investment Analyst in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments throughout the Los Angeles-Ventura-San Diego-Orange County markets, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with brokers, owners, and internal executives. This position is best suited for candidates with long term aspirations of becoming an Investment Officer with sourcing responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data and property operating history into each valuation
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities
- Prepare and present materials to PUR’s Investment Committee
- Participate in various analytical projects as required in the Investments Department
- Some travel within the Southern California area will be required
- May perform other duties as needed
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with real estate valuations a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, as well as proficiency with MS Word & MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Incentive bonus based on individual and company performance
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response
- Local candidates only, no relocation expenses provided
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.