Structured Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘PUI’) is an industry-leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. PUI is nationwide with offices in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, New York, Boston, and Washington DC. PUI is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States. Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $8 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, PUI has seven offices, with over fifty professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $6 billion dollars.
PUI investment strategies include the acquisition and renovation of 10 - 50-year-old “vintage” communities, as well as the acquisition of multifamily investments for current cash flow and long-term appreciation.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: Pacific Urban Investors is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Investment Analyst in their Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with developers, brokers, and internal executives. This position is suited for a candidate with long- term aspirations of becoming either an Investment Officer (with sourcing responsibilities) or an Asset Manager.
The Investment Analyst is a member of PUI’s Structured Finance Group (SFG). The investment strategy of PUI’s SFG focuses on providing joint venture LP and co-GP equity capital, as well as preferred equity, to developers and operators of multifamily real estate to facilitate the development and/or repositioning of multifamily investment properties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare initial analysis and modeling of proposed new investments including a review of the current and stabilized economics, proposed capital budgets, leasing plans and final disposition strategy using PUI's SFG internal Microsoft Excel models.
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field" to enhance intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities.
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in all our investment submarkets.
- Conduct and coordinate primary due diligence of proposed new investment transactions and prepare the transaction support and the proposals for final Investment Committee presentations.
- Support the business development arm, including preparation of investment presentations and enhancing cultivated sponsor/partnership relationships.
- Some travel will be required.
- May perform other duties as needed.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in real estate finance / investment required.
- Experience with multifamily investments preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, experience building financial modeling for real estate
- investments required.
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications.
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.