Construction | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘Pacific’) is an industry leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. Headquartered in Northern California’s innovative Silicon Valley, Pacific is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space. The firm has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 1998, Pacific has completed over $7 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its strategic institutional partners. Today, Pacific has six offices, with over seventy professionals and an owned apartment portfolio in excess of $5 billion.
Pacific Urban Investors is an affiliate of The Marcus and Millichap Companies. More information can be found at www.purapts.com.
Job Description: We are an apartment acquisition rehab real estate firm seeking a results-driven construction management professional to add to our team in the San Francisco Bay Area. The position is based out of the Palo Alto office and would support our operations in the Bay Area. This position reports to the Director of Construction and is supported by a Contract Administrator who are both based out of the Irvine, CA office.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in managing multiple concurrent multifamily (apartment) acquisition rehab projects in different geographies. The position involves some travel, telecommuting, and other means necessary to communicate and manage construction projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Total capital plan coordination and execution
- Responsible for daily management, coordination, and successful completion of a variety of capital improvement projects at multiple property locations
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to
- Maintain project logs, files, reports, schedules, and documentation as required by the company and authorities having jurisdiction
- Interface with various intercompany departments
- Source and manage project architects, engineers, vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Participate in the development and execution of construction schedules in Microsoft Project and construction budgets in Microsoft Excel
- Implement and utilize sound construction management practices in requesting, processing, comparing, and awarding contracts
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- BA/BS degree in construction related curriculum
- Three to five years of acquisition rehab construction management experience
- Experience working with internal and external property management professionals
- Ability to oversee multiple projects with varying sizes, complexity, and available information
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills are required
- Ability to communicate successfully via email
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop comprehensive bid packages and perform bid analysis in a timely manner
- Ability to graphically mark up images via Adobe Acrobat or equivalent products
- Any construction software experience is a plus (Bluebeam, On-screen Takeoff, or MS Project)
- Ability to manage up as well as down in pursuit of the goal (Interfacing with Asset Management, Design Department, Investments Department, and Executive Leadership)
- Technical Writing – The ability to write technical construction documents including the ability to distill technical information for consumption by those outside of the construction environment
- Analytical/Innovative – Ability to contribute new and creative ways to the business process
- Principals only; no recruiters please.
- Pacific would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.