VP Client Solutions
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, creative, nimble, resourceful and reliable, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a VP of Client Solutions based in San Francisco or New York to lead the National business development & sales platform, reporting directly to the CEO. This person will partner with other PPM leaders to develop business.
You are the face of PPM in the market aligning with our long-term visions and goals. You will provide the process and organizational structure to scale the business. Your opinions are heard and respected, and decisions are made quickly so there is not a lot of bureaucracy. You will be part of the thought leadership of the team, and there is open communication with a willingness to support the solution.
Your will be accountable for setting, rolling out and managing a multi-level PPM strategy for business development and sales. Your priorities will include targeting national and regional dedicated client accounts at a programmatic and project level engagement; integrating the national, regional, and service line strategies to be in sync with each other; and lead the effort to instill every PPM team members with business development responsibility.
You will be working closely with the Regional and Service Line leadership to seamlessly coordinate client and team engagements. You will be building new and leveraging existing client relationships, and have a point of view about the industry and other relationships to target. You have a high level of overall market awareness, with an expert understanding of the technology and science industries; where should PPM enter; where there is demand; and how to differentiate PPM. You are a proven and highly effective seller and closer of deals, while being a leader of a team to support your efforts.
You will be supported and appropriately leveraged by our PPM subject matter experts, getting them in front of potential new clients to help win new business. Your goal, our collective goals, is to make PPM the partner of choice for top client work and team member talent. Our job is to roll up our sleeves to make you successful.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and the future of the company, so this means you will also share in the profitability of the organization, measured through your efforts.
Fast forward a year, what will you have achieved?
You have landed a new, key account for PPM, maybe even 2! You have created and fully rolled out the PPM business development & sales strategy. The ERP technology platform is being fully utilized by the PPM team, and all sales components are properly documented, so that you know what phase each of the PPM deals are in. You are fully involved in multiple industry groups and conferences, working the circuit. You are recognized as a thought leader in the community as well as our domain. You are the partner of choice for top client work and team member talent. You know exactly what is happening in the market. You’re informed. You are a respected leader. You are happy.
How will you get there?
- Learn PPM’s history, differentiators, value proposition, strengths and weaknesses.
- Connect with each Business Unit leader to listen to their story, needs and expertise
- Get to know the internal business and key stakeholders
- Proactively reaching out to the teams, and key clients or other partners across the different geographies to learn the business
- Reach out to your networks and contacts
- Develop your target list of potential new PPM clients
- Align with marketing to promote yourself as well as the business
- Develop your quarter-by-quarter strategy for year 1
- Understand all the internal tools
- Fully networked in the company
- Discover how to cross sell the other PPM service lines
- Identify top 50+ client targets and why
- Leverage the appropriate partners in the business
- Joined multiple CRE industry groups, and started your conference circuit
- Met with three potential clients
- Develop, validate and memorialize your 1 – 3 year strategy
- Meet with 20 potential clients
- Land 3 “small ball” deals with ability to grow with client
What you will need:
- Hunter instincts and determination
- Expert understanding of the entire Business Development and Sales Process
- Thought leader in Commercial Real Estate
- Well networked in the market at a national level
- Thorough understanding of the Technology and Science Industry
- Proven history of identifying, developing, and closing new business
- Actively involved in existing client marketing activities, including cross selling of services
- Created and executed business proposal process including delivering proposals and presentations, leading interview teams, negotiating fees, and supporting contract negotiations
- Strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills
- Masters degree in Business or Real Estate +
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
Our client and people centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize personalized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of Workplace consulting (WC), Capital Project Management (CPM), and Transition & Relocation Management (TRM), PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is bult upon our STIHL Values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday behaviors and actions.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun!
PPM is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.