Senior Project Manager
Transition & Relocation Management - Account | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director
Location: Crystal City, VA
Are you interested in working for a company that helps clients reimagine their workspace and are leaders in their industry? If you are savvy, caring, inventive, nimble, and resourceful, you need to read on.
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is looking for a Senior Project Manager in Crystal City, VA to sit on site and support a client campus program. This is a new position based on a continued increase of work. You will be supporting the regional account team in the Arlington, VA market to deliver projects to your clients across multiple sites as well as manage an established but growing regional team (8-10 team members).
You are organized and you have exceptional interpersonal savvy skills. You are agile and adaptable to whatever situation arises. You have the confidence and ability to take on challenges on your own as well as support the team. You are self-motivated, willing to learn, and have strong relationship and team management skills. You are tech savvy in learning client and internal platforms. You have good business acumen and great problem-solving skills all the while not being afraid to ask questions when necessary.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You have become an account Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of your direct team and projects. You are a leader within the program. You can resolve team issues and escalations. Your ability to identify and understand problems and derive solutions is phenomenal. You have built strong relationships with existing clients, customers, and vendor partners are you are able to establish rapport with new parties. You have the confidence and ability to take on challenges on your own while remaining team-centric and helping others when there is a need. You are able to make programmatic recommendations.
How will you get there?
- Meet the client and start building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish rapport with East Coast Associate Director and other leadership roles on the account, including Senior Project Manager counterparts across North America
- Basic understanding of PPM services and team dynamic
- Learn to navigate client and internal systems quickly
- Get to know the market
- Visit and familiarize with site and projects assigned to team
- Integrate with program initiatives and objectives
- Engaged and proactive in training and actively learning
- Begin to familiarize yourself with move, launch, and workplace manager program
- Learn and begin to embody the PPM culture, brand, and messaging
- Assist in the onboarding experience and agenda of new hires in region
- Develop and maintain complete knowledge of vendor partner services, capabilities, and deliverables
- Get to know team and manage direct report performance reviews
- Develop and coach direct report team
- Establish relationship with key stakeholders and internal partners
- Good Demonstrate ability to lead vendors and clients
- Lead team on scope, schedule, budget, risks, and quality
- Grasp the concept of all vendor duties and swimming lanes
- Assist in strategic planning for the region
- Ability to lead meetings in representation of the region and our program work with client
- Lead reporting to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of region
- Inform on program initiatives with stakeholders and vendor partners
- Fully support team in resolving project issues and/or escalations
- Sufficiently manage team of 5-10 members
- Cross training self and others
- Confidence to identify and solve initiatives
- Knowledge and intimacy of all projects and buildings assigned
What you will Need:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) preferred
- 7-10 years of real estate project management, MAC (move, add, change) services, or relocation experience specifically in commercial office campuses preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio
- Roles requires daily communication with client and team members. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Comfortability and ability to manage cloud based and online management software
- Business Development skills a plus
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management company that helps companies reimagine their workspace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution through our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. We are rooted in values, our foundation is bult upon our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Founded in 2009, PPM is headquartered in Seattle with operations across the country including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Because everything we do and everything we are points to our purpose- to reimagine the potential of people and space.