Human Resource Business Partner
Operations | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Director of People Operations
Location: Seattle, WA
Pacific Program Management (PPM) is a fast-growing, real estate program management firm that helps companies reimagine their workplace to enable the potential of people. Our people-centric approach guides everything we do to create, implement, and operationalize customized workplace strategies to help clients achieve their business goals. Delivering an integrated solution though our three service lines of workplace consulting, capital project management, and transition and relocation management, PPM gives clients the confidence to focus on what they do best.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building great teams that thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success, as well as the success of our clients and partners. Our teams embody our STIHL values of Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty & Leadership in our everyday actions, these values are our foundation.
Committed to achieving success for our clients, we are also committed to our communities and each other. Our diverse team regularly participates in philanthropic events and volunteerism, with a company commitment to donate 1% of all revenue to non-profits serving communities where we work. And in everything we do, we have fun! Because we recognize the mission of reimagining the potential of people starts with ourselves.
Key Company Info
- Our mission is to provide a personalized project management approach with boutique-level connection.
- Our approach is entrepreneurial and scalable, with the highest level of quality and professionalism.
- Our core PPM values are: Service, Trust, Integrity, Honesty, & Leadership.
- Our priorities and decision-making start with our People and Partners followed by PPM Performance.
We believe in building great teams that thrive in a collaborative and welcoming environment. Every member of the team has an integral role to play and has a direct impact on our future success as well as the success of our clients and partners.
The Human Resource Business Partner role reports directly to the Director of People Operations based out of Seattle, WA. The HRBP is responsible for assisting the Operations Team with all facets of HR & employee training needs.
- Serve as a trusted business partner to key internal stakeholders and managers around; team career development, performance management, succession planning, employee engagement, people & business strategies, organizational goals, learning & development and etc.
- Build manager & leadership capabilities through coaching and development training
- Design and conduct new programs and processes for employee development, and succession planning
- Develop and implement program initiatives for promotions and internal transfers
- Partner with managers to create new hire training and new manager training's for current employees
- Collaborate with hiring managers & talent acquisition team to understand hiring strategies, recruiting, retention and goals
- Drive change management, employee engagement, recognition programs and company-wide HR initiatives for positive employee relations
- Facilitate new hire orientation and onboarding
- Serve as an employee advocate for all levels of the organization, and coach managers on conflict resolution
- Ability to lead and conduct all aspects of complex workplace investigation from start to finish
- Facilitate disciplinary, performance improvements and exit interviews
- Partner with recruitment, payroll & benefits team as needed to support full employee life cycle
- Partner with benefits administrator to ensure consistent and timely management of employee leaves
- Ensures employee records are maintained and compliance with federal, state, local laws, and company policies are adhered (EEO, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, Workers Comp & OSHA)
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Resolve HR related issues in a respectful and appropriate way
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with all levels of the organization and be a strategic partner for key stakeholders
- Excellent listening skills to relate, influence, and provide feedback to coach employees and management
- Create and analyze data to influence decision making
- Knowledge and availability to answer employee benefits questions
- Passion for innovative HR solution and process improvements
- Solid knowledge of federal, state employment and labor law and market trends
- Ability to work independently, be an effective team player and results-oriented, motivated professional
- Contribute positively and influence company culture by representing PPM’s values
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience with emphasis in employee relations and organizational development required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in developing training materials, coaching, employee relations, succession planning, and performance management
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, SharePoint, and OneNote)
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to multiple locations within North America
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.