Sr. Software Engineer
Engineering | Denver, CO | Full Time
Lead Software Engineer
P2Binvestor is a marketplace lender who provides technology-enabled, multi-million-dollar lines of credit to growing businesses. Our proprietary technology-enabled lending platform, our people and our process combine to deliver world-class financing to businesses.
P2Bi is hiring a Lead Software Engineer who is interested in building the next generation of lending software with a stellar team. We value creative thinking that respects business needs of today while anticipating where we can go in the future. We’re looking for someone that can help inform, build and expand our existing infrastructure to move fast now and move faster later.
The Lead Software Engineer will have a hand in building and supporting rich feature development (external & internal), data collection and analysis, automating pricing/credit risk models, banking, treasury management, and much more. You will also help brainstorm, vision, and implement architectural needs as our code base grows and evolves.
Why work at P2Binvestor?
We’re passionate about helping businesses, banks, and private investors become more successful while helping to mitigate financial risks for all. Our core values are that we are Driven – we take initiative and exceed expectations; We are Empathetic – we treat others the way we'd like to be treated; We are Accountable – we do what we say we are going to do; and We are Lively – we love what we do and have fun doing it. By joining our team, you have the opportunity to play an important role in a Colorado startup success story.
We were named a Colorado Company to Watch and one of Denver Business Journal's Fastest Growing Companies in 2017. We are solving a big problem for other growing businesses and we're doing it in a new way through innovative banking partnerships, technology, and crowdfunding.
Our company places emphasis on making the correct hires and to have people that meet our corporate values. Our corporate values are encompassed in the acronym, DEAL.
Beyond those core attributes you can expect an environment where:
- Engineers spend most of their day writing code
- We pair when necessary
- Peer mentoring enables everyone to achieve daily goals
- Responsibility for our code base is a shared goal
- Strive for a work/life balance
- Learning is encouraged. Every member gets a personalized growth plan and a bi-weekly 1-on-1 check-in
- Experience or expertise in some or all of the following: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Go
- Familiarity with modern database engines including hands on SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Ability to work with a diverse and dynamic team
- React / GraphQL experience
- Interest in DevOps, Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience leading projects, teams, and mentoring other engineers
- Go, gRPC
- Serverless, AWS Lambda
What we offer:
- Excellent benefits package
- Diverse group of employees
- Eligible for employee stock option plan
- Competitive and encouraged PTO
- Awesome location near downtown Denver with free garage parking, onsite gym and café
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, and tea
- Weekly team breakfast and happy hour
- Positive and collaborative environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice