Credit | Denver, CO | Full Time
P2Binvestor (P2Bi) is looking for a commercial underwriter who will be responsible for gathering and verifying financial information, researching and analyzing credit risks, preparing and presenting credit memorandums, making recommendations to management, and completing credit administration tasks.
WHO WE ARE:
P2Binvestor (P2Bi) is a finance technology company based in beautiful Denver, Colorado. We've built a unique crowd lending platform and provide working capital lines of credit to other growing businesses. Inspired by the explosive peer-to-peer (P2P) lending movement, P2Bi was founded to serve up the same innovative, disruptive, and tech-enabled solutions to growing businesses frustrated by a lack of accessible, affordable, and flexible lending options in the marketplace. Simply put: We’re offering a better way to get a business loan to a new generation of business owners and leaders.
WHY WORK AT P2Bi?
Are you an underwriter who is too cool to work at a bank? Then you'd be a great fit for P2Bi! If you are looking to expand your underwriting and commercial lending experience in an exciting new market, then you'd be a great fit for P2Bi. If you're looking for the opportunity to help small businesses with their financing and growth solutions, then you'd be a great fit for P2Bi. If you love to, simultaneously, implement and, make jokes about, the 5 C's of credit, then you'd be a great fit for P2Bi.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive and encouraged Paid Time-Off plan, optional Stock Option Plan and a diverse, positive and collaborative team. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Denver, comes stocked with unlimited snacks, coffee and tea, and all employees have access to our onsite parking garage, gym and café. Plus, we have weekly team happy hours, a legendary annual team scavenger hunt and a ping-pong table.
P2Bi was named a Colorado Company to Watch and one of Denver Business Journal's Fastest Growing Companies in 2017. By joining our team, you have the opportunity to play an important role in a Colorado startup success story.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Gather underwriting documents and work with sales staff to collect required materials for underwriting.
- Verify information gathered such as: accounts receivable, tax information, credit bureau information, liens, and coordinate field examinations.
- Spread financial statements and make needed adjustments for analysis.
- Analyze financial statements and evaluate credit factors.
- Structure reporting and controls for sound credit administration and make recommendations to credit committee.
- Ensure compliance with P2Binvestor’s policies and procedures and state and federal process regulations and standards.
- Prepare comprehensive credit summaries in conjunction with the sales team.
- Ensure all documentation is properly completed and filed.
- Perform other tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Actually have fun while being a commercial underwriter
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
- At least two years of commercial credit experience, formal credit training program preferred.
- Accounting process and controls knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor with internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with Moody’s spreading software a plus.
- A great sense of humor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.